Mercy Birthplace & NICU most popular baby names in 2020
CEDAR RAPIDS (Dec. 23, 2020) – Evelyn and Isabelle were the top names for newborn girls who entered the world at Mercy Medical Center’s Birthplace in 2020, while variations of Jack, Jax and Jackson were the most popular names for baby boys born at Mercy this year.
2020 Top Names
1. Evelyn & Isabelle (tie)
2. Adeline, Adalyn (various spellings)
3. Eleanor, Harper & Olivia (tie)
1. Jack, Jax, Jackson (various spellings)
3. Kade, Kaden (various spellings)
4. Cooper, Noah, Owen, Theodore, William and Benjamin (tie)
According to popular parenting website BabyCenter.com, the top baby names nationwide in 2020 are Sophia for girls and Liam for boys.
Additionally, in 2020, Mercy’s Birthplace noted:
• 53% of babies born were boys; 47% were girls
• 8 sets of twins were born
• The smallest baby weighed 2 lbs., 6 oz.
• The largest baby weighed 11 lbs., 8 oz.