10 things to know from Monday’s STC school board meeting
The Board approved hiring Craig Harrison for the 7th Grade Boys Track Team, replacing Matt Beatty, Maria Aguilera for Preschool Special Education Paraeducator to replace Denise Crawford, and Britt Michell for High School English to replace Andrea Rutledge.
The Board approved the resignation of Kindergarten teacher Zoe Garber, Elementary Special Education Teacher Haley Wilson, 9th Grade Boys Basketball Coach David Nitz, and High School Assistant Boys Basketball Coach Nate Doran.
The Board approved the transfer of Alison Brezina from part-time to full-time bus driver.
The Board recognized and congratulated the High School Boys’ Wrestling and Speech Team for going to state this season.
The Board heard the second readings of the following policies:
– 403.03 (FKA 405.03) – Employee Communicable Diseases
– 601.02 (FKA 601.03) – School Day
– 802.04 (FKA 804.06) – Capital Assets
– 804.07 – Radon Mitigation
The Board heard the first readings of the following policies:
– 401.14 – Employee Expression
– 504.05 – Student Fundraising
– 507.2 (FKA 507.04) – Administration of Medication to Students
– 507.02 (E1) – Administration of Medication to Students Consent Form
– 601.01 – School Calendar
– 605/05 – School Library
– 704.06 – Online Fundraising Campaigns and Crowdfunding
– 705.01 (R2) – Purchasing/Bidding using Federal Funds in Procurement Contract
– 802.03 (FKA 902.03) – Emergency Repairs
The Board approved the 2023-2024 School Calendar and the change of early releases to Mondays at 2:20 pm for Teacher Work Days on a trial basis for the first semester.
The Board approved the renewal of the Gallagher Insurance policy.
The Board approved changes to the High School Dress Code.
A public hearing was held for the adjustment of the 2022-2023 school calendar due to snow days.