Friends of MercyOne scholarship portal open to Tama Co. students
Students in the Waterloo and Cedar Falls areas who are interested in pursuing careers in health care are invited to apply for scholarships.
The Friends of MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center and Friends of MercyOne Cedar Falls Medical Center established the scholarships to help support qualified students’ interest in a health-related field of study. Fifteen $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
To qualify, students must:
• Be a high school senior planning to enroll, or a post-secondary student already enrolled in education to pursue a health-related career
• Reside within Benton, Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Fayette, Grundy, or Tama counties
• Have a minimum 3.0-grade point average
• Demonstrate financial need
• Demonstrate community involvement
The application procedure provides more information on qualifications and application requirements and can be found online: https://www.mercyone.org/northeastiowa/_assets/documents/2022-scholarship-informational-flyer.pdf
Application materials are available to download at MercyOne.org/scholarship. Printed copies are also available in area school counselors’ offices or in person at MercyOne Waterloo Foundation (3421 W. 9th St. in Waterloo) and MercyOne Cedar Falls Foundation (515 College St. in Cedar Falls).
Submissions must be received by mail no later than March 1. Recipients will be announced in April.