From- Bob Etzel, executive director- Tama County Conservation:
Even though NOAA has downgraded the forecast for volume of snow they are still predicting high winds Thursday evening which will generate blizzard conditions. We have been experiencing pretty significant drifting in the park with the past few storms and if the winds are as high as they predict even 1 to 3 inches of snow will cause significant problems for those trying to come to the meeting.
Due to the forecast tomorrow's Ike's Tract Re-Authorization meeting will be POSTPONED one week until as follows:
NEW DATE: Thursday, February 27, 6 p.m.- 8 p.m., at Tama County Nature Center
Also, please be reminded that we will also have the other Re-Authorization meeting this coming SUNDAY, February 23 from 5 p.m. 7 p.m., Tama County Nature Center.
Please plan on attending one of the two meetings to get signed up to shoot at the Ike's Tract during 2014 and 2015.
Sorry about any inconvenience this may cause but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Please note: These two meetings are only for shooters that were authorized to shoot at the Ike's Tract Shooting Facility during 2013. The date for the next signup meeting for NEW shooters to the facility will be set during the next week or so.