Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS

Attic fire, faulty wiring forces family from home

December 14, 2013
By John Speer - Editor ( , Toledo Chronicle, Tama News-Herald

The Jose Lopez family was forced to vacate their residence in Tama after a second fire in insulation broke out Saturday night, Dec. 7.

The insulation material burning in the attic of a Tama residence sent firefighters to the scene the first time about 3:30 p.m.

Fire Chief Paul Ellenbecker said the insulation apparently rekindled and firefighters were again summoned between 8:30- 9 p.m. They originally responded at about 3:30 p.m.

Article Photos

Tama firefighter Mike Tomas Jr. is checked by Ambulance service crew members Luke Stalzer and Kelly Pansegrau after being injured while fighting a fire at 106 East 1st St. on Saturday afternoon, Dec. 7. Tomas was not reported seriously hurt.
News-Herald/John Speer

Ellenbecker said the fires were caused by electrical wiring and he directed power to he home shut off by Alliant Energy.

Firefighters were again called to the property at 4 a.m. when a neighbor noticed smoldering insulation outside the residence and thought it was on fire a third time.



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web