Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Tama, Toledo firefighters stop chimney fire at Tama home

December 6, 2013
Toledo Chronicle, Tama News-Herald

Breaking news: Firefighters remained on the scene of a chimney fire in Tama at 9 p.m. Friday night, Dec. 6.

8:58 p.m.- Friday, Dec. 6: Tama and Toledo firefighters were called to the Gary and Carolyn Brownfield residence at 1408 McClellan St. in Tama just before 8:30 p.m. Friday night for a chimney on fire. The blaze in the chimney on the two-story stucco house was reached from above by Toledo firefighters who deployed their aerial truck ladder. Carolyn Brownfield told The Chronicle-News-Herald the chimney served a combination wood burning stove-furnace in her residence. Brownfield said they had planned an out-of-town trip Friday but were delayed when the vehicle they wanted to take did not start due to cold weather leaving them at home to discover the fire when it broke out.

Article Photos

Firefighters prepare to mount the aerial ladder to fight a blaze at the Tama home of Gary and Carolyn Brownfield on Friday night, Dec. 6
Chronicle/John Speer

Article Map

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web