Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS

Faulty wood burner may have caused Outback Campground fire

December 8, 2012
By John Speer - Editor , Toledo Chronicle, Tama News-Herald

Tama firefighters were summoned at 3:45 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, to a fire in a house at the Outback Campgrounds, three miles west of Tama.

The house was occupied by Ray Rozzezink who was not at home at home at the time. He is employed by campground owner Luke Squiers.

Squiers said there was damage to the roof and two bedrooms in the two-story frame house. He said the loss was covered by insurance and an adjustor was on the scene on Tuesday. The blaze is believed to have started in a woodburner on the south side of the house, Squiers said.

Article Photos

Tama firefighters battle a blaze in a residence at the Outback Campground west of Tama on Sunday afternoon, Dec. 2. Damage was noted to two bedrooms and the roof.
News-Herald/John Speer

He said the house was the one he had purchased a couple of years ago from Marty McCoy and moved to the campground in an event featured in The News-Herald at the time.

Article Map



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web