A machine shed owned by Kevin Fowler aands its contents were consumed by fire Saturday, Tama Fire Chief Rod Anderson said. The 200 ft. long building was located south of Tama and west of the Manatt's Sand and Gravel Pit on the Columbia Stub. The fire was first reported at 5:37 a.m. Tama firefighters summoned mutual aid from Toledo and Montour fire departments. Tama was on the scene for about eight hours. Two water mians inTama broke while firegithers were filling tankers to fight the blaze and a boil order was issued. That was expected to be lifted Saturday afternoon, Anderson said.
Firefighters aid some of the equipment lost included a straight truck, two "culta-,ulchers" and a camper. There was no immdetiate dollar loss estiamte Andserson said.
What remains of a large machine shed located south of Tama continued to smolder Saturday afternoon. An early morning fire sent Tama, Toledo and Montour firefighters to the scene, but they were unable to save the building or contents.
News-Herald/Chronicle - John Speer