It's only fair that if your children, grand-children and great grand-children must begin their school year that all faithful readers of this column and newspaper should be tested as well. I have no idea if these are 5th grade-type questions, and I sure hope they aren't, but it did catch your attention. So without further ado or adieu, here is THE TEST:
1. Which state, (Iowa, Alabama, Colorado or Alaska), is the state where more people walk to work?
2. These four Kings, (Julius Caesar, David, Alexander, Charlemagne) are named after the Kings in a deck of Cards. Spades _______; Hearts ______ ; Diamonds ______; Clubs ______.
3. If you had to "spell" out your numbers as you counted, at which number would you finally get to the letter "A?"
4. What is the object most often choked on, (toothpick, hot dog, your tongue, popcorn)?
5. One half of all Americans live within 50 miles of (McDonalds, a Hospital, their birthplace, their mother-in-law)?
6. Bruce loves cookies but not cake, mutton but not lamb and okra but not squash. Using this formula, will Steve like cherries or pears? Why?
7. Nancy went to the store and bought 4 oranges and 3 lemons costing 90 cents. The next week she bought 3 oranges and 4 lemons costing 85 cents. How much did each cost?
8. What common word can easily be put in the front of each of these words, (light, break, time) to make a new word?
9. How many words can you make out of these letters, (SBATE)? I was able to get make seven.
10. And finally, what number is one-tenth of one-half of one-fifth of one-fifth of 6000?
Perhaps a couple were easy and then again perhaps they were all hard. Nonetheless, it was time for readers of "The Tama News" to put their thinking hats on and take the test. Email me at email@example.com with your answers and the winner will receive and 8X10 autographed picture of, (ahem), yours truly. Stick the pic in the basement and all the "critters" will be gone within days.
That's The Way I See It.
Let me know what you think about it sometime.
My number is 319-334-4117.
And guess what.....it looks like we might have an "official" World Series this year. When the Yankees are in it, it's an official World Series. Remind me to put the correct answers in next week, ok?