But wait! That’s not all. If you respond in the next 20 minutes after reading this column, we will “double” the offer absolutely free. All you have to do is pay shipping and handling. But wait! There’s more. If you respond in the next ten minutes, your shipping and handling is free.But wait! We’re not done yet. If you respond absolutely immediately, we will send you ten or our favorite columns from last year plus a free 8/10 autographed picture of ah, er...............ME. Yep, absolutely free. So hurry up. We cannot keep this offer going too long. Respond today. Respond NOW.
By now, you know I’m just kidding, (except of course for those who wish to send me $19.95, I would rather you round it off to a twenty dollar bill). But don’t you just loathe those commercials for all that garbage they are trying to hawk on TV. And the special bonuses go on and on. Anyway, let’s get back to the title of this column.......Quotes, Riddles & Conundrums!! Several riddles and conundrums first. Answers given next week!!
1. Besides all the following digits being used, what else is interesting about this sequence of numbers? 8549176320?????
2. Can you guess the next three letters in the following series and why? CYGTNTLITF_ _ _
3. How many U.S Presidents were assassinated while in office? Can you name them?
4. You know they’re a mythical animal, but if you did see a bunch of unicorns, what would they be called?
5. And finally, what was the original name of the Hawaiian Islands?
Now for some interesting and hopefully humorous real quotes.
“Experience is that marvellous thing than enables you to recognize a mistake why you make it again.”
Abraham Lincoln asked, “How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it a leg.” Ya, Abe coined this quote.
“I had a wonderful evening but sadly this evening wasn’t it.” -Grocho Marx.
“I told myself that everyone hates me. However he told me that’s just not true because everyone hasn’t met me yet.” -Rodney Dangerfield
And finally, “Everything is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.” -Will Rogers
Send me your answers to the five questions at email@example.com. And I hope you smiled a little bit. Don’t take life to seriously....remember no gets out of it alive!!!!