Once again, Z-Line Trucking of Toledo is helping the Kiwanis Club by transporting the trees. According to John Legg, chair of the Kiwanis Club Christmas tree sales committee, the trees will be ready for sale on Friday after Thanksgiving Day.
TOLEDO CHRONICLE - For the best selection and freshest trees, visit the Kiwanis Christmas Tree sales lot soon after Thanksgiving.
The regular hours will be 11 a.m.-7 p.m. on weekends and 3-7 p.m. on weekdays until all the trees are sold. Christmas Day is only weeks away so come early and start the Christmas season by picking out the tree which is just right for you and your family.
Once you get to the Kiwanis Christmas Tree Lot...you are on your way to finding the perfect Christmas tree. The members of Toledo-Tama Kiwanis make finding that special tree easy and fun. The Kiwanis Christmas Tree inventory features various shapes and sizes of trees with prices for anyone’s pocketbook. The best part of buying a Kiwanis Christmas Tree is the proceeds of your purchase will be used by the Kiwanis Club to improve our community by assisting children, young adults, the aging, and the needy.
During growing years, real Christmas trees cleanse the air, provide us with oxygen, protect our water supply, make a home for wildlife and beautify the countryside. For each Christmas tree harvested, two or three are replaced to continue this growing cycle.
To keep your tree fresh and fragrant throughout the holiday season use the following tips:
1. When you get home with your tree, keep it out of the wind and sun to avoid losing moisture, put your tree in a garage or shed.
2. Mist or spray the branches of your tree with a water spray bottle once or twice a day to keep it moist.
3. Cut a minimum of 1/2 an inch off the base of the trunk immediately prior to placing your tree in a stand in order to remove sap and allow absorption of the water which should be added as soon as the tree is secured in the stand.
4. Place your tree in a stand which holds plenty of water.
5. Check the water supply at least once or twice a day, adding water as necessary.
6. Do not let the water level drop below the fresh cut line as a new sap plug will form preventing your Christmas tree from “drinking” or absorbing water.